Summary of the 12th Uddevalla Symposium 2009
During 11th to the 13th of June 2009, the 12th Uddevalla Symposium 2009 was held at the Politecnico di Bari in Bari, Italy. Theme for the conferense was "The Geography of Innovation and Entrepreneurship".
The scientific committee selects every year a Best paper winner and a Best PhD Candidate paper winner.
Winners of the Best Paper Awards 2009!
Best PhD Candidate Paper
The winner of the Best PhD Candidate Paper was Anders Broström, Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies (CECIS), Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden. The title of his paper is: "Working with distant researchers - distance and content in university-industry interaction".
Best Paper Award
The winner of the Best Paper Award was Darrene Hackler, George Mason University, Department of Public and International Affairs, USA. The title of her paper is: "High-Technology and Regions in an Era of Open Innovation".
The members of the Scientific Committee have selected the winning papers. The prises are gratefully sponsored by the City of Uddevalla, Sweden.
Sponsors and partners 2009
The Symposium was organised by the University West, Sweden and Politecnico di Bari, Italy (host), in co-operation with Jönköping International Business School/CESIS, Sweden.
Sponsors and partners
- Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovations Studies (CESIS), Royal
Institute of Technology, Stockholm & Jönköping International Business School, Sweden
- Centre for Innovation Systems, Entrepreneurship and Growth, (CISEG),
Jönköping International Business School, Sweden
- Media Management and Transformation Center (MMTC), Jönköping International Business School,
- Municipality of Uddevalla, Uddevalla, Sweden
- Nordic Section of Regional Science Association (NS-RSA)
- Politecnico di Bari, Bari, Italy
- Research Unit for Rural Entrepreneurship and Growth (RUREG), Jönköping International Business School, Sweden
- School of Public Policy, George Mason University, Fairfax, VA, USA
- University West, Trollhättan, Sweden
- Regional Agency of Technology and Innovation of Apulia - ARTI Puglia, Bari, Italy
- Banca Popolare di Bari, Italy
- Association of Industrial Manifacturers of the Province of Bari - Confindustria Bari, Italy
Responsible: Rebecca Olsson
Latest update: 15 nov 2010